I have jotted down a simple step-to-step guide for you to relish this winter. It is a custard pudding served with a soft layer of caramel on top of it. Well known as Creme Caramel, a French dessert. It can be served hot as well as cold and is made primarily with eggs.
Preparation time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 – 50 minutes
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO PREPARE CREAM CARAMEL
- Sugar- 80 gms.
- Water- 105 ml
- Milk- 90 ml
- Egg- 1
- Grain sugar- 25-30 gms.
- Vanilla essence- 2-4 drops
- Put sugar and water in a saucepan. Let it reduce by stirring continuously until the syrup turns golden brown in colour.
- Turn off the flame and pour the syrup in the moulds and keep it aside to cool.
- Now, boil the milk in another saucepan and add sugar and let it dissolve.
- Turn the flame off and while continuously stirring the mixture add egg white and vanilla essence to it.
- Now, strain the mixture and pour it in the ready moulds containing caramel.
- Put the moulds in a water bath after covering them with butter paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. It may take more time depending upon the size of the oven.
- Take the tray out and let it cool.
- De-mould the custard in a serving plate and serve cold.
Author: Sonali Jain